Arrests of those violating MCO on downward trend: Ismail Sabri


PETALING JAYA: The government has seen a decline in the number of arrests of people who did not comply with the movement control order (MCO) from 828 previously (Sunday), to 742 cases reported yesterday, according to Senior Minister (Defence) Ismail Sabri Yaakob.

Ismail hoped to see a downward in the number of arrests throughout the MCO period and that Malaysians would continue to obey the orders.

“Fewer arrests were made yesterday compared to the previous day which showed an impression that people were becoming increasingly aware of the government’s directive,“ he said during his daily press conference at Putrajaya today.

Meanwhile, Ismail that a total of 1,547 roadblocks have been conducted by the police, the military, and Malaysia Civil Defence Force (APM) with a total of 383,3888 vehicles inspected. 22,586 vehicles were inspected yesterday.

Ismail said 165 individuals who were arrested for violating the MCO have already been charged in court. Of these, 6 individuals were sentenced to jail and fined.

“All Malaysians should take the MCO seriously. Pease adhere to the instructions given by the government if you do not wish to go to jail,“ he said.

He then added that a jail term in Sarawak could be up to 4 months if a person defied the order and was found guilty.





Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *